Salmon is a symbolic of dependability and renewal – a provider. It is also the symbol of fertility, bounty and good health. The salmon is the source of life for the people of the Northwest Coast as they depend upon the salmon as their main food source and out of respect, ceremonies are often held by the Northwest Coast people to celebrate the return of the salmon to their traditional spawning grounds.
- Made of recycled glass and heat resistant to 340°F / 170°C these trivets withstand the heat of a boiling stock pot and will maintain their beauty over many years.
- The back of the large trivet has been drilled to allow for easy hanging to adorn a wall.
- The trivet and mini trivet have protective felt dots on the back to prevent them from scratching fine surfaces.
- Artwork by native artist Mark Garfield
- Available in two sizes: 7" Trivet, and 3.5" Coaster
- Made in Canada